It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Friday, December 30, 2011

Taking Your Pillow?


Am I Missing Something? 



Sorry for the delay in blog posts!  We've been travelling in the UK for Christmas with family and friends and I thought I'd try blogging from the iPad, but it didn't quite work out the way I thought it would!  I can't figure out how to put photos in when using the iPad, so I let it slide - sorry!

Anyway, we got home yesterday and it's lovely to be back.  We did two flights to get home and I saw several people boarding long haul flights with their bed pillow under their arm.  I've seen this for years and have always thought that it must be first time flyers who don't know that economy seats on planes are just about big enough for a person (a small person), but not a person and a bed pillow.  But then I started to think that maybe it's me that's missing something.

Maybe these people are experienced flyers and taking their bed pillow onto the plane helps them sleep.  Maybe I should be taking my bed pillow, and it'll help me sleep during a 12 hour flight in economy when I'm sitting up in a space designed for a 4 foot high anorexic who likes to be wedged into a tightly packed plane, jostling for space with strangers.

Do any of you travel with your bed pillow on a plane?  Does it help you sleep?  I'm talking about a full sized bed pillow here, not a little travel pillow, or one of those U-shaped neck pillows.


Flying in Economy - what airlines would like you to believe.



Flying in Economy - the reality.

And today?  After I deal with mountains of dirty laundry, walk the beast, stock up with groceries and ponder what I'm cooking for dinner with friends tomorrow night on New Years Eve (or "Silvester" as it's known here), I'll be writing some blog posts about our recent travels.  You'll hear all about the "Meat Fruit" at Heston Blumenthal's Dinner etc.  Meat Fruit?  Absolutely glorious.  Nom nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!