It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Monday, March 19, 2012

Things I Like ...

Horses





I love horses.  Always have.  I've never owned my own horse, but have been lucky enough to be able to ride lots of horses owned by other people.  As a little girl, my dear friend, Danielle, had the lovely Cindy, who she kindly let me ride whenever she had her home in the back yard for the weekend (a horse in the back yard is my idea of heaven).  Danielle, her parents, and Cindy taught me a lot about horses and the value of a bomb-proof pony.

My parents certainly couldn't afford to buy and keep a horse for me, but they managed to get me a ride on any horse they could, and I appreciate it so much.

Anyway, in the vain attempt to understand more about how a horses brain and body works, I read several horse blogs on a regular basis.  I'm always interested to know more about different styles of riding, bits, bridles and saddles.  The following three blogs are the ones I read regularly.  Sometimes the posts on these blogs get very heated, and the comments fields are actually as interesting as the blogs they're attached to - these people are passionate!




So, if you're a horse lover like me, check out the blogs above and see what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!