It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Sunday, August 5, 2012

Annual Flight Count Update




After a short, but very fun, trip to Detroit the flight counter has shot up to 22 for the year.

Thanks to all our friends who made time to catch up with us, fed us, and had us to stay.  I know our schedule was pretty tight and tricky, and we really appreciate you moving your lives around to accommodate us.

Hubby had a ball in his official volunteer capacity ("Quiet Please!") at the US Senior Open at his old golf club - we even saw him on ESPN!  I had an absolute hoot boosting the economy with Rebecca, Beth and Kris and laying around the pool (thanks Jennifer & Vince!).

I think I've successfully eaten enough Mexican food to last me until I can get to a good Mexican restaurant again.  We hit On The Border (huge frozen watermelon Margaritas and "made fresh at your table" guacamole), Sagebrush (huge frozen strawberry Daiquiris and scrumptious everything) and Chipotle (franchise Mexican takeaway) - yum, yum, yum.  I can't get enough guacamole!  I'm only going to do one restaurant review of this trip, so look out for my review on the Clarkston Woodshop shortly.

Big thanks to Rebecca & Rick and Mary & Joe for making your spare rooms available and taking such good care of us - we think you're fabulous.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!