Seriously, who doesn't love a cocktail? I know I do, and so do my friends. There's something about a cocktail that lifts the spirits a wee bit, just makes you feel a little special. It's not something that you have at home on your own, it's something that you enjoy with people you enjoy, and it's time to mark your calendar for upcoming cocktail events taking place somewhere fabulous near you!
- We've already missed Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans from July 17-21, but if you click HERE you can visit their webpage and keep an eye on plans for 2014.
- If you're cruising through San Diego on August 24-25 you can raise a glass at their fifth annual spirit fest. Click HERE for more info.
- My Aussies might fancy a trip to Sydney from September 21-24 and get jiggy with Sydney Bar Week. Over 3,000 attended the 2012 bash, so click HERE to find out more.
- I know we live here, but we've never been to Oktoberfest in Munich. I did look at prices one year to surprise my lovely hubby for his birthday, but train tickets and accommodation alone were bonkers money (and I don't drink beer). If you're thinking about a visit this year, it's on from 21 September to 6 October. You and 6,000,000 of your closest beer drinking friends can get all the info HERE.
- Now we're talking, it's London Cocktail Week from 7-13 October! Nearly 40,000 cocktails were poured at last years celebration, and this year features pop-up bars, premium tastings and master classes. What about the vintage buses whizzing peeps around town on cocktail tours? And it's in the Seven Dials, one of London's most fab locations. You know you want to. I know I want to, and I'll be clicking HERE to find out more.
And for me? Make mine a Mojito!