It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Don't Get It ...



I love Pinterest, you all know I do, and I'm guessing a whole lot of you do too.  Let's be honest, it's like looking at endless free home decorating magazines, with a side of squee-worthy pictures of puppies and foals (or maybe that's just me?).



There's several things I just "don't get" about Pinterest though; one is how much time people spend painting their nails and applying fingernail art, another is Halloween in its entirety, and yet another is the current obsession of writing your shopping list on a blackboard in your kitchen.  There are so many cute photos of these amazing blackboards with lists of lovely things on them currently circulating on Pinterest, but I don't get it.




As far as I can see, you've written your delightfully posh shopping list on your stylish blackboards with your artisanal chalk, but you can't take that list to the grocery store - can you?  "Hang on, honey, I've got to detach the kitchen door and bring it with us"?  Don't you then just have to re-write your blackboard list onto a pad of paper that you've probably stolen from a hotel (again, just me?) and take that? 




In the immortal words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for dat!".




2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!