You know I'm a big fan of the crew at Domestic Sl*ttery (asterisk instead of "u", so as not to cause offence), they're always up to something new and fabulous. Today's recipe was for crumpets with bacon butter. Bacon butter! Bacon + butter. Such beautiful words alone, and seriously drool-worthy when used in tandem.
I know there will be a bunch of you wondering why the heck you'd ever make crumpets when you can get them at the supermarket really cheaply, but them I'm guessing you've never lived in a country which is a crumpet free zone. I live in a crumpet free zone. And I do love crumpets, so I'm going to give this recipe a try. It was, however, the words "Bacon Butter" that got me to click on the link, so here's the recipe for that gloriousness:-
- 3 rashers of streaky bacon, diced
- 125g butter (room temperature probably best)
- Fry up the bacon until crispy and let cool
- Blitz the butter and the bacon together in your food processor
- That's it!
- You can use it straight away, or wrap it in cling film and keep it in the fridge
- Just think of it in a risotto, or with pasta, the opportunities are endless ...