It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Saturday, June 1, 2013

Anyone Remember Stoney's?




Do any of my Aussies remember Stoney's Ginger Beer?  I remember when I was growing up that sometimes my Dad would drink it.  I tried it as a child and absolutely loathed it as it was soooo gingery.  Well, as an adult I adore the taste of ginger, and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a bottle of Stoney in the fridge at a petrol station in Cape Town.  

Grabbed a bottle and a newspaper, and was thrilled that the taste seems to be just the same.  Hated it then, love it now!  I think it could only be improved by adding a splish splash of Absolut and pouring it over ice.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!