It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Sunday, February 9, 2014

Live On-Line Flight Tracking


Now, I'm probably a bit late to the party on this, but I'm usually always the one in the air on the plane, so I've not had to find out what other people are doing.  But my lovely Mum has just been out for a visit and she was flying alone, so I was very keen to keep an eye on her progress and see where she was whilst she was coming over and going back.

I found this fabulous web site called Flight Aware, and all you need is the airline name and the flight number and you can watch any flight minute by minute, mile by mile.  It tracks on a map on screen (a little plane moves across the map - fun!), and gives you up to date departure and arrival times, gate numbers and averages for the previous times the flight has taken place.

It's totally FREE, which I love, but if you're mad keen on it you can buy an upgrade and see more things.  I don't really need to see more things, and I'm thrilled with the information provided.

Get yourself along to Flight Aware if you need to see where your loved ones are.  I'll certainly be using it in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!