It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hotel Review : Sheraton Detroit Novi, Michigan, USA




This was my second stay at the Sheraton Detroit Novi, accompanying my hubby who stays there for business, and this really is a business hotel.

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful (particularly the morning the freeway was closed and two people helped me find another way to where I needed to go, printing me maps and really helping) and remembered us by name - asking after my husband when I checked in.

We had a very comfortable room on the SPG floor with a lovely king sized bed.  No complaints about the room at all, it was a good size with a decent bathroom.  The SPG "lounge" was a few doors down and, let's be honest, it's not all that.  It's about the size of two guest rooms knocked together and is often very crowded (especially at breakfast).  There's a waffle machine in there at breakfast, but no other hot food.  There is a good selection of cold food and a new coffee machine (which decided it didn't want to work for me), there is also brewed Starbucks coffee in big thermos flasks.




We ate downstairs one night in the restaurant and it was fine, no complaints.  Breakfast was included in our room rate and I had breakfast in the restaurant one morning - lots of selection and friendly staff.  There was a children's ice hockey team staying and they went through the buffet like a plague of locusts, but it was constantly replenished.

There's an On The Border and a Chilli's restaurant within walking distance across the hotel car park, and parking at the hotel is free.  There's a gym and an indoor pool, which I didn't use, but I did use the pool last time (in the heat of summer) and it was FREEZING, so I'm guessing they only heat it in winter.




Sheraton Detroit Novi
21111 Haggerty Road
Novi  MI  48375
Phone:- +1 248 349 4000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!