It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Flight Counter

Every year I say to myself that I'm going to remember how many flights I've been on, and that I'm going to keep a count, and every year I forget.

One of my favourite songs is Everything But The Girl's "One Place" where they sing about always being on the move and one of the lines is "twenty-five planes this year, and it's only July".  Each time I hear it, I think I must count mine.  So here goes, I'm going to keep a count on the blog, using plane icons.





So far this year I've racked up 10 flights, and more are coming up.
Wonder how many I'll get to this year?



Everything But The Girl : One Place



A summer evening; I walk past the windows, 
The Baby cryin’; Someone's cooking dinner; 
There's laughter on TV 
And someone's learning the violin
And how at home, at peace
At times like this, I feel

CHORUS: 
I would like to live like anybody else 
In one place 
And I could be happy and fulfilled 
In one place 

So I get the map out 
And draw a line of where we've been 
It goes thru sea and sky 
Twenty-five planes this year 
It's only July... 
This is not some Bible, like "On The Road" 
It's just a song about coming home 
And whether... 

CHORUS: 
I could live like anybody else 
In one place 
And I could be happy and fulfilled 
In one place 

You know that I have found 
I'm happiest weavin’ from town to town 
You know Bruce said 
we should keep movin’ 'round 
Maybe we all get too tied down, I don't know 
Yeah, I don't know 
Happy to be home (Still alive) 
Happy to be home... alright

In the end, if you take care 
You can be happy or unhappy anywhere 

CHORUS: 
I think we maybe all rely too much 
On one place 
Oh I never would deny the need 
For one place 
I think we may all rely too much babe
On one place
Oh I know I never would deny the need
For one place


So I get the map out (get the map out) 
Yeah I get the map out (get the map out) 
C'mon, get the map out (get the map out) 
Get the map out (get the map out)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!