It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Monday, May 7, 2012

I Like BIG Books ...


I do love a big book.  And when I say "big book", I'm talking 400+ pages.  I love a big, fabulous, interesting, don't want to put it down, can't stop turning the pages book.  I love that kind of book on a quiet, rainy afternoon - or a stormy night at bed time.  There's nothing like snuggling down on a stormy night with a big, fat book (my husband would disagree!).  Oh, and I don't like eBooks, I like proper books, make from paper, that you can touch.  Big books rule.

My guilty secret big book writers are Jilly Cooper and Diana Gabaldon.  Do you like big books?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry, I know there's a typo in there "make" not "made", but it's not allowing me to edit. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kid I would always pick out the absolute biggest books from the library! Now I usually try to find something that will fit inside my purse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I look for when I'm travelling, but for the bedside table it's gotta big BIG! Ken Follett is a bit of a late find for me, and I'm loving "Fall of Giants" etc.

      Delete
  3. I'm plowing my way through "South of Broad" (512 pages) and "Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire" (754 pages). And , today is a dreary, rainy day-perfect for curling up with a blanket and a book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working through "South of Broad" too! Never got into the Harry Potters though. Got season 2 of "Downton Abbey" on DVD to start watching tonight - bliss!

      Delete
    2. I'm only reading the HP's because my boys hounded me ceaselessly to check them out. They're actually pretty enjoyable!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!