It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Sound Track #2



Hey, you can't say you weren't warned.  I said my musical tastes were a bit odd.  I wasn't kidding.

When we were living in Detroit, I started listening to country music stations and, no word of a lie, I like new country.

I've got a soft spot for Kenny Chesney and have most of his albums, but let's not mess around here, just get your hands on the "Greatest Hits" package and you'll be fine.  This man can sing.  His voice sounds like melted chocolate.  Yes, it's country, but it's new country, so it's not like Johnny Cash or Dolly Parton.  This music charts on normal charts, not just country charts, it's cross-over stuff.

He was the dude who was married to Renee Zellweger for about one hot minute, and I saw him interviewed on Oprah once - the man didn't take his hands out of his pocket for a second, I wanted to slap him over the back of the head for his rudeness.  I don't think he's particularly attractive (though millions of women would disagree with me), and he looks spectacularly ridiculous on this album cover - but he can sing.

So, Kenny makes my number two spot on the Summer Sound Track - and I've got a sneaking suspicion that he won't be the only new country singer on the list ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!