It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Summer Sound Track #1




I did the round trip to Memmingen airport on Monday and covered 300km before lunch.  I didn't have any music playing in the car on the way there, as I had my parents-in-law with me and I don't like to impose my musical tastes (strange, wide and varied) on anyone.  The weather was perfect for a long drive home though, and I turned the music on and up and had a bit of a Missy Higgins retrospective.

We left Australia about 7 years ago and Missy Higgins was quite big then, and I'd enjoyed her album "The Sound of White" quite a lot.  But since then, I hadn't really listened to it again.  Let me just say, I listened to it twice today and IT'S FANTASTIC!




I checked her website and she's released two more albums since we left, and there's another one on the way - busy girl!  Amongst other music styles, I'm a big fan of chilled out music, and Missy really works for me.  For those of you who love Sarah Barielles, you're going to LOVE Missy.

So, I'm going to put together my top 10 albums for a Summer Soundtrack and list them here on the blog.  Missy's "The Sound of White" is first up - perfect for a summers afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!